MainMenu

Monday, March 2, 2009

Making a better world

Kermit washington,
This is the first of my blogs about what Project Contact does in Africa. It all began in 1994 in Rwanda ,I went there with the Northwest medical team during the war. I had just donated some money to help the people of that war torn country. My daughter told me I had better do something and she was right. So I headed over with the team to see what we could do. It was a long trip but when we got there it was 100 times worse then we had thought. Bodies were laying along side of the roads. And the reason was is that they had pushed the people into Goma Zaire . This area was a place where there had been a volcano and the ground was as hard as rock so you could not dig graves. I stayed for about 5 days and then realized my strengths was to help raise money to help . At that point I knew how lucky I was to be born in America , things there were so bad it was hard to explain to people who were not there. So in my blog every day I will tell a little more about how we got started and where we are now. We have a clinic in Kenya along with a school and we are feeding about 500 people a day. Tell you more later
Kermit

No comments:

Post a Comment